Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dieting.....

So this Last Monday marked 4 weeks that I have been dieting. I just got to the point where I was so unhappy with how I looked that I felt desperate. Not that I think appearance is everything but I do want to be happy and have some pride when it comes to my weight. I have never been skinny in my life and that's fine I don't really care if I am nor do I want to be. I LOVE food. There in lies the problem. I'm not an emotional eater or stressed out eater, I'm just an eater.
About 7 years ago my Uncle Larry started a biggest loser club and I joined and ended up winning. I started at about the same weight as I started this time and my goal weight is pretty close to where I ended last time. I was able to keep that weight off and even lose a little bit more before I got married. I kept that weight off all the way up until I got pregnant. From than on I just could never get the weight off. Getting back into my pre pregnancy clothes was just a joke. But Like I said 1 month I ago I had a day where my mind was just finally in the right place to do it.
My first thought was medi fast and after discovering how disgusting the food was and how extremely expensive it was I switched plans and am doing slim fast. I am only weighing myself every two weeks because I tend to get a little crazy with the scale and weighing myself like 20 times a day. So I threw the scale in the trash can and I only weight myself at my moms.
To me I think its funny when people freak out about telling how much they weigh. Its just a number and really who the heck cares??? So for me 4 weeks ago my starting weight was 187.4 and now 4 weeks later I am 168!!! I am really really proud of myself.
So here"s to another 2 weeks and my goal is to either be out of the 160 or really close.

2 comments:

*Lauren* said...

You go girl!! My goal is to hit 168....that's exactly where you're at!!! Just know how jealous I am of you :) Keep up the awesome work! P.S. Bradlie loved the love note Connor left her <3

Roundy Clan said...

That is so awesome. I know you already know but I was doing the south beach diet and I love it. I lost a really good amount of weight and the thing I loved most is my tummy actually shrunk within a week. I didn't think it could do that after kids! haha I hope you reach your goal. I am cheering you on. :)